Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back In Business

Well, after a long negotiation, the NFL is back in business!! They players are getting ready to get paid. Already, the Carolina Panthers have resigned a player for 72 million dollars with a 30 million dollar signing bonus. Charles Johnson (Not the baseball catcher or southern gospel artist) has been in the league for four years. He had 11 sacks last year, which was his only good year. I know other teams wanted him, but 30 million dollars for a man I just heard about Monday. He is not the only one that is about to get paid. Santonio Holmes and Nnamdi Asomugha are the big free agents and are going to make astronomical figures. I have read that Asomugha wants 20 million dollars a year, which is outrageous. He is a great player, but not that great. If he and Holmes go to the Jets I may cry, lol. Now on to my Dolphins.

Two names I don't want to hear mentioned about the Dolphins are Donovan McNabb and Vince Young. It would be hard to watch Vince Young, but Donovan McNabb would be near impossible. Hopefully, McNabb will go to a team like the Vikings. The Dolphins need some quarterback help, but those two are not the answers, in my opinion. Actually, the Dolphins need a lot of help. I do like the Pat Devlin signing, I told my brother that I wouldn't be surprised if they went 4-12, but the years that expect them to do bad, they do good and vice versa. They need to have a successful running game again. Brown and Williams are getting old. They are making a run at DeAngelo Williams, but it looks like he is going to resign with Carolina or sign with Denver. I am not the biggest Ahmad Bradshaw fan and Willis McGahee is getting up there in years. So I don't know how to fix the running game. Well, this it for now. At 6:00 Friday, things should get real interesting.

No comments: